Our Adoption From Ukraine

Friday, October 13, 2006

If you as using the bathroom at McDonald's in Union Square....use the one on the left NOT the right. The handle does not work very well and someone was locked in there today. Thank goodness I happended to use the one on the left that time.

So yesterday we are walking to the main street and this lady was sitting on a park bench feeding the pigeons. There must have been 40-60 of them flying around. Well everyone knows I am not a fan of birds. Why??? Because they might peck me, or worse poop on me. Well, one pooped on Brad's head...yuck. Actually now it's quite funny. We have been told by Y (facillitaor) and Bob & Susan thaty it means good luck. Well I hope it does. We have another appointment Monday at 10 a.m. 2 a.m. central time so if you are up at 2 a.m., say a special prayer for us!!

So we are dying here...we are missing all the good shows. Can some one e-mail me and let me know what is going on on Gilmore Girls???

We watch the first season of Corner Gas when we need a good dose of home. Thank you to Val and Tony for the DVD....it's good for a laugh. Sorry Saskatchewan!!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kim & Brad,

Debi provided me with the address to log onto your blog site and share in your experience. While I have often realized just how lucky I was to be blessed with 2 wonderfully healthy children, your story has me weeping with gratitude once again. And weeping with hope. Hoping that you will not have to wait too much longer to feel the joy of a child's arms wrapped around your neck, to feel the exhaustion from a sleepless night when the flu bug hits your house! But most of all, the unconditional love in a child's eyes when you tuck them in at night just one more time.

I will be praying for you both and hope that in life, you will always end up in the bathroom on the left!

Take care of you,
Pam Schewaga

1:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So happy you are in Kiev and have a little down time.
I will make sure my fingers, toes, legs, arms and eyes are crossed for you on Monday am!! (I will also make sure I am not driving at the time :))
Good Luck!
(((9hugs))))
Nancy

3:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Brad & Kim - Just thinking about you & wanting you to know that I am praying for you. Love Aunty Lana.

7:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kim and Brad
Keep the faith! You have survived a situation that no one should have to go through.
Your children are out there. We are looking forward to reading all about them soon.

Laura (FRUA reader)

8:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will say a prayer for you before I go to bed as I don't want to wake up in the middle of the night. Ken and I send our love and he says not to give up hope that you and your children will find each other.

I don't watch Gilmore Girls anymore so I can't tell you anything. Now if you watched Grey's Anatomy I could fill you in.

Take care and try and enjoy the scenery.

Love and best wishes Pat & Ken
P.S. I miss hanging out with you at lunch

12:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Kim and Brad. I have been following your blog and the FRUA board. I adopted my son from Makeyvka in 2004, and your description of the town couldn't be more true. We were able to stay in Donetsk, which is very close.
Anyway, I will be praying for you and your Monday appointment and I know from first hand experience: God works miracles in Ukraine! God bless you. Laurie

7:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey guys,

Happy all is going reasonable well, aside from pigeon bombs.

Lee, Treena, Kara and Nolan

10:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is sooo crazy, I would have never suspected you as a gilmore gilr lover! I have all the season's and am watching the new season every week! Hope you got the update!

5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home