Our Adoption From Ukraine

Saturday, April 22, 2006

Well not much new is going on. Our agency had a get together Monday night. Unfortunately I did not learn much, but it's always nice to see fellow adoptive parents and meet the new ones. From what we were told and what I have been reading on the boards it sounds like the new adoption center will be opening on May 1st at the earliest, but possibly not until June sometime. Some adoptive parents have been told by their agencies that they could be getting they appointments as early as the first week on May and would be traveling quickly after that (within a week or two). As usual, I am being cautious and will believe it when I see it.

I am currently taking two beginner Ukrainian language classes. One is 10 weeks long and I have two more classes left. I had previously taken this class 1 1/2 years ago so it's a nice refresher. I am only taking an 8 week class, we had have 2 classes so far. She is a great teacher. She is a kindergarten teacher who teaches at a bilingual Ukrainian/English class (actually it's the school my children will attend). She has been in Canada for 8 years and is tons of fun!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home