Our Adoption From Ukraine

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Day 6 done - 4 to go

We were blessed with some nice weather today, not like yesterday when it was cold and rainy. Brad has had a cold for a few days, but is feeling better now. Thank goodness, he is like a typical man when he is sick....I know you woman know what I mean. We went shopping to the outdoor market with P & P today and then for lunch to the Ukrainian restaurant. We had great weather for shopping outdoors. I got a winter jacket for each kid and a pair of boots, PJ's and slippers for her and a hat for him. We are going back with them tomorrow as we still need a few more things, they do to. We as running out of time. Boy, that was great to say!!! We will have very little time on the weekend and it also super busy on the weekends, it's closed Monday and then we start our paperwork on Tuesday....yeah. We are having a good bye party for the kids groupa on Tuesday night. Probably will just get juice boxes, fruit, cookies and candies....healthy!!

P & P's kids were trying on some of there new clothes lat night so tonight I brought some for Nadia and Stasi to try on. Stasi is 7 and just took everything off right there. Nadia is 9 and we had to go to the bathroom. They are so funny. I brought him a pair of jeans and two sweaters to try one...you would think it was Christmas morning and he was opening up toys....just wait until it is Christmas. I took her two pairs of jeans, two sweaters and and long sleeve t-shirt....she said "wow". Wait till she gets home and realizes that's a very, very small part of her wardrobe. Just wait till I take her to Old Navy (my favourite store) and let her pick out a few things....she is going to faint. I know I brought more for her, but I have no clothes for her a home and I have tons of stuff for him that will fit him. Some new and tons of hand me downs from my nephew Jordan.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can just see her face as she opens up each bag and checks our her clothes. Christmas is going to be so sweet for everyone this year.

Hugs!!

Valerie

4:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't feel bad about the clothing. There is a reasons that the womens and girls clothing depatments in stores is so much larger that the mens or boys....WE NEED MORE CLOTHES!!!!!!!!! Having a boy and a girl I know exactly how you feel. The problem is that if a girl has a purple or pink top she can't wear it with her red pants. Girls have outfits and boys well they have navy, red and green and it all matches together. Unless of course you throw in a few orange pieces and then you have to check your son before he walks out the door each morning for school to make sure he is matching. Like most men the boys don't want to think about what goes with what and just throw something on. The boys don't really care about the clothing so much. I can't tell you how many times I have been in line at the store with an armful of clothing and then realized that I did not get anything for Jacob.

Have fun shopping it sounds like so much fun!!! ( even if it is not Old Navy).

Loretta

7:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kim,

Can you explain the difference between sick males and sick females? ...just so the inferior sex finally gets clued in... ;-p

Take care and best of luck!
Lee, Nolan, Treena and Kara

1:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home